Episode 7 – The Running Laminator

A rare Tuesday night recording (you can download the episode here) with special guest the Running Laminator (@runninglam). Check out his blog (runninglam.com)  for a lot of great advice and race reports.  We also spoke at length about the risk of overhydration. Lam did also talk about his choice in footwear, the Saucony Kinvara. So the list of choice footwear is growing.

Twitter harassment of the week: @veganrunningdad

Until next time, leave feedback on iTunes, email questions and comments to geeksinrunningshoes[at] gmail [dot] com. We are also on twitter, you can follow Jason (@guttocutwl) and Ray (@adeyemiking).

As always, thanks for listening!

About these ads
This entry was posted in Podcast. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Episode 7 – The Running Laminator

1. Theresa says:

Great show! Wow, I’ve been messing up with hydration for my whole life and had no idea.

• jasonmkehl says:

Glad you enjoyed. We sure learned a lot and hopefully our listeners (you and the other two) will learn some as well. Thanks for tuning in!

• Theresa says:

It’s a great show; I think it’ll catch on. I tried listening to that Vegan running show and the opening song… well, I don’t know what to say about the opening song. It was something else. :)

2. Dona says:

I’ve been listening to all your shows. You guys are funny. Your shows are turning out great. The Running Laminator is one funny guy! Keep up the shows even if you’re not running. I’d like to hear how you overcome your injuries and return (or start) running. I listen to alot of running podcasts and sometimes it is nice to ‘not’ hear a runcast. I also listen to RunVeganRun, so I hope to hear what Megan and her husband have to say about you picking on them!!! Too funny.

. . . I’m listening. . .

• jasonmkehl says:

Thanks for checking out the show, Dona. I listen to RunVeganRun off and on. If you don’t already, check out Gordon’s podcast, “Running to Disney”. Gordon and Megan also do a show together called City Vegan, Country Vegan. Or vice versa. Hell, I don’t know.

3. Dona says:

I read Theresa’s comment about the opening song on RunVeganRun. It was sung by Gordon from the Running to Disney podcast. I think he just sang it to her on her voicemail as a joke and she used it as her opening song. Gordon–another good podcast and way too funny of a guy!! Those two became friends and now also have a combined podcast~CityVeganCountryVegan. I am not a vegan, but I enjoy learning about healthier ways of eating. Their podcasts are mostly about running.

• jasonmkehl says:

Well, nevermind about the podcasts I suggested, looks like you are on top of it. Maybe I’ll put a list of podcasts I subscribe to as a post and try to get feedback on some new ones I might be missing.

4. Jennifer says:

Just found you guys– fun podcast! Keep it up Geeks.

Jennifer_runs on twitter

5. Joe Garland says:

Here’s a recent piece from Science of Sport on drinking to thirst.

6. Pingback: Episode 23 – Return of the Laminator! | Geeks in Running Shoes