This episode (download here), the geeks talked about the podcast hitting iTunes (yay!), as well as the Twitter follower of last week (@Lifeiskitsch) turning out to be a good pick. Other shoutouts include @MichaelRunner and @ChapmanRunner from the Real Rookie Running podcast, @JayDubRunning from the B-Hag Running podcast, @alroadrunn3r from the EarlyMorningCruzin podcast, and @Rockfalls95 & @coachprs for their help with injuries this week. Our training update mainly centered around Jason’s since Ray still is nursing his bad leg. You can follow Jason’s training on DailyMile (Jason Michael Kehl) and Runkeeper (JKehl).
Our topic of the week revolved around what to wear for running for beginners’. Here’s what we suggested:
- Choice of Footwear (whether it be barefoot, minimalist, or regular running shoes)
- Socks (start out with normal, then maybe invest in the more expensive technical gear)
- Shorts (Jason prefers technical running shorts, Ray is fine with basketball shorts)
- Shirt (Jason prefers technical running shirt/singlet, Ray prefers “wife-beater”)
- Hat/Visor/Bandana (pirate style for the bandana, not Tupac style)
- Sunscreen (because no one wants skin cancer)
Jason spoke about his fanny pack like apparatus that has a bag with two water bottle holders on either side. Ray is looking for something for his wife to carry water with. Wondering about getting a CamelBak. Jason suggested carrying money for water for long runs or possible getting “handhelds“.
Twitter Search of the week started with CamelBak, but couldn’t find anyone interesting enough to follow. We then switched to Chicago Half Marathon where we found and followed @chezpeve who ran a 1 hour 45 minute half marathon (awesome job!)
Until next time, leave feedback on iTunes, email questions and comments to guttocutweightloss [at] gmail [dot] com, and follow me on Twitter (@guttocutwl). Thanks for listening!